Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Travel and Gratitude

Well, I did get home to Cody, WY for Christmas, but I actually was pretty close to not making it. When I got to the airport I found out my flight was delayed about 20 min. No big deal. I had a two hour layover in Minneapolis and wasn't worried. The flight continued to be pushed back, until eventually I wasn't going to make my connection. As I'm waiting in line to see see when the next flight to Billings, MT is, they change their minds and decide that I am going to make my flight. We eventually board the plane almost 90 minutes after it was originally suppose to take off. Then we wait on the plane about 30 more minutes while they defrost/de-ice the wings. By this time I really thought I wasn't going to make my connection. We finally landed in Minneapolis and I start running to my next gate, hoping I didn't miss the flight. (Let me just add that I use to run a lot in high school playing soccer and there was time in college when I was a religious jogger. But those days have passed for sure!) When I got the gate I had time to spare! Thank goodness!!!

With that said, I am just grateful to be home for Christmas! Here are a few more things I am grateful for...

1. My family - They are incredible, especially my parents. I am extremely blessed to be born into a family with parents who taught me the gospel of Jesus Christ and loved me.
2. My friends - Moving to VA has made me appreciate my friends in UT even more. I also am thankful for the amazing new friends I have in VA.
3. Prayer - I will forever be grateful that God answers my prayers.
4. My job - Even though it has its ups and downs, I feel lucky to just be employed. JoAnne also makes my job sooooo much fun :-)
5. Gospel of Jesus Christ - Over the last two years, my testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ has deepened though special, sacred experiences. For that I am humbled and my heart swells with joy!

Loves to you all and Merry Christmas

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I too had the stress of wondering if the weather would allow me to travel home to Portland. I have to say, it took me longer to get home from the airport than it took to fly to Portland! Nevertheless, it really was the power of prayer that allowed me to make it safely home :) Hope you had a great Christmas!

Linds said...

Angela!! I found your blog from your link on facebook. I hope things are going well for you! You're such a sweetie!