Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Random Story

So time for another random story.

Awhile back, I came home from work late. As I walked up the stairs to my apartment, I could see my door was wide open and my light was on. I slowly walked to the door and said "Hello?". A guy responded, "Maintenance." Needless to say I was very, very relieved. Apparently the apartment below me had water coming through the ceiling and my hot water heater had leaked. No damage was done to either apartment and in about 1 hour I had a new water heater. Well, as the repair guy was finishing up and he said, "Can I ask you a question?" I naturally assumed it would have to do with the water heater. I definately assumed wrong. This was the question. He pointed to the stars I have hanging in my living room and said, "What's up with the stars. I see them every where. Is that like the latest thing?" How do you respond to a question like that? I think I said something like, "They're just cute and easy to decorate with."

There's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

4 comments:

Janene said...

That's funny. They are cute stars though.

Jenni Terry said...

He obviously has no taste! The stars are adorable!

ecuakim said...

That's hilarious. Poor guy. Doesn't know a good thing when he sees it. I am just glad he was really the maintenance man. I don't think I would have gone in my apartment if I heard someone in there say "Maintenance!" I'd probably make a run for it instead...

Kari said...

I like the stars! Leave 'em.
Good thing it was maintenance; I would still have had a mini heart attack