Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pizza Woman

Life has its ups and downs and for some reason, I've decided to post mine :-) Hopefully I'll be able to keep this updated, but I'm not making any promises.

So here is a random, but cute story. I work with students who have language impairments (I'm a Speech Pathologist). During one of the therapy sessions, we were targeting naming categories. I asked a student, we'll call him Tom (I want to protect the innocent ya know) to name three jobs that people can have. One of the jobs he named was a "Pizza Man". One of the other students piped up and said "Or a Pizza WOMAN". Tom replied, "Have you ever heard of a Pizza Woman?" To which I responded. "I was a Pizza Woman. I worked at Pizza Hut for a couple of summers." (The summers before and after my senior year in high school, I was a waitress at Pizza Hut. It wasn't my most favorite job.) Tom's face was priceless. His jaw dropped and he looked at me in awe. He then said, "What!!! I think I'm gonna fall out of my chair. I can't believe it." He then started shaking his head in disbelief. By this time I was laughing pretty hard. Now this happened about a month ago and I had kinda forgotten about it. Today, I was working with this same group of students and somehow we got talking about pizza. They reminded me that I had been a "Pizza Woman". I started laughing and told them I had forgotten about that. Tom looked at me and in all serious said, "I haven't forgotten it."

You know what I just realized...I had pizza for dinner tonight. I guess really live up to the name :-)

4 comments:

Janene said...

That was a cute story. Sometimes I wish the kids I see could have a conversation with me.

I look forward to reading your blog and I hope you read mine too :)

www.janeneday.com

Candice McWhorter said...

Hi Angela! I found your blog on facebook so I hope you don't mind that I'm checking you out!

Jenni Terry said...

Yay! You have a blog!! What a great story! I think our students believe that we live only at school and don't have a life outside of school - they just can't imagine us anywhere else! Check out my blog: lifeofjenandmike.blogspot.com

ecuakim said...

Oh that is hilarious!!! You just never know what those kids will come up with next! Love you!