Sunday, September 29, 2013

Threads

So like I said in a previous post I went to Time Out For Women down in Richmond. I went with some of my closest friends...Cat, Jennifer, and Anna. Cat's sister and Jennifer's mom also came, so it was such a great group. For those who may not know what TOFW is..it's LDS speakers and musicians who give amazing talks and performances. I wanted to blog about one performance in particular. Michael McLean is trying to get his production "Threads" on Broadway. The inspiration came when he was taking his little grand daughter to Costco. She saw a pink dress with a cupcake on it and looooved it. He bought it for her and this little girl was in heaven. That night he had a dream with women walking down a runway in different clothes that represented who they were. He then thought about the different "threads" his grand daughter would wear throughout her life. He wrote some music and it became a play. It is a one-person play and she dresses up in different characters. At the end of each song she places an article of clothing on a mannequin. At the end she puts them on and sings about how they have made her the woman she is now. The woman who does this has an incredible voice and it got a standing ovation. The website has a video. http://www.threadsshow.com It made me think about the people and experiences I have had that have shaped me. I still have a long ways to go, but am so grateful for my family and friends who love me for me.

No comments: